CareForMeNot

I am me and me is I. What I see and what you see Will be completely different! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Wednesday 29 December 2004

What if....

As a child Christmas is special. It's the most fantastic time of year. A time when anything could happen. All wishes come true. There is even something in the air. You truely believe that on Christmas eve, nothing can go wrong. Everything is special.

This magic is only increased as you watch those christmas films, where very special things happen. There is one such film called "The Christmas List" with Mimi Rodgers. A very typical type of Christmas film where you are lead to believe that anything can happen, because it's Christmas.

Of course, as you grow older, this illusion is shattered, and you realise that Christmas is just another day. To quote Dreamcater "SSDD". Christmas just becomes an annoying time of year, where you are expected to be nice to everyone, even if they aren't to you. Get cards for people, that you haven't even thought about in a year. And feel bad because you've recieved a gift/card from someone you have not got anything for. It's an awful time of year.

But what if.... What if Christmas could be special if you just believed. If you just wrote a letter to Santa, sent it off, if you truely believed. What if you could be happy at Christmas? What if Christmas could grant your wishes, all you have to do is believe? I would do anything to become that believeing child again, to ask for something, knowing it would come.

Wouldn't it be worth it, to have your dreams come true?

No comments: