CareForMeNot

I am me and me is I. What I see and what you see Will be completely different! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Thursday 20 January 2011

Memories and Music

"Memory
All alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days
I was beautiful then
I remember the time I knew what happiness was
Let the memory live again"
Memory: Cats

Music is the most powerful form of communication, in my opinion.  Music can make me cry, it can make me happy, it can echo my feelings as if I wrote it.  It's helped me through great pains in my life.  It's celebrated with me through great joys.  It's a medium like no other.  It can change my mood with a change of song. 

I've had a seven day headache which has made my mood quite something to fear.  No one could come close to me or comfort me.  I have managed to listen to some quiet music, which has been nice.  Listening to song's I've not listened for a while.  I put a music list together that's lasted 8 hours.  During those 8 hours I have cried, I have laughed, I've relived memories, I've got hyper, I've got reflective.  I doubt there is a single emotion I've not felt.  About ten minutes ago, the song Relax by Mika played.  You can imagine that with an 8 hour play list you can't remember every song you've put on there.  This song played and immediately I was back at the flat, with The Boys and especially thinking about S.  It made me smile as I remembered the fun we had, the times we shared.  At the same time I felt the pain of not seeing S, and not having him in my life.  It was an intense experience.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments: