CareForMeNot

I am me and me is I. What I see and what you see Will be completely different! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Friday 26 November 2010

emotions

We've had an emotional day in community today.  One of our team members left, and it's brought on a lot of tears by people, baring me.  I haven't cried once.  In fact I don't feel anything.  It's part of life that people come and go. I accept that so I feel nothing, however I have made some flippant comments that have upset a number of people on community.  I have been more flippant that I would have normally been, and I think that's my way of showing my feelings.

I'm upset that this person has left, and it will leave a huge hole in community, and I will miss my head nuggles, however I don't want to cry about it as I know that she will go on to live a wonderful life.  Better than my life will ever be.  Why should I be upset that she's left?  Why should I cry because everyone else is?  However interestingly because I'm not crying no one is checking to see if I'm okay, they are all coming to me for comfort.  So I am taking comfort in the pills and the alcohol and the karaoke tonight!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have the right to feel however you want to. It is hard not to but try not to let others make you feel guilty for the way you are reacting- everyone copes and deals with things differently and it isn't anyones right to tell you you are right or wrong, what is that anyway......
Try not to self sabotage in a way that is harmful for your health though eg alcohol and pills... easier said then done though as every one copes differently, i use sleep and food. Kind of hyprocritical my comment as i just gave you advice on what to do and not to do, guess it's part of human nature.
A